Wednesday, October 24, 2012

OCULOPLASTY

I am going to Amritsar today, for the Oculoplasty meeting there. The meeting will sure be interesting, there will be talks on ptosis, entropion, ectropion, blepharoplasty, thyroid eye disease, orbital decompression, orbital and lid tumors and many such topics.

I will be speaking on the relation between extraocular muscle disorders and oculoplastic surgery, Squint is tricky and may be associated with lid and orbital anomalies especially in conditions like craniosynostosis, Down syndrome and thyroid eye disease. Hence it is imperative that one carefully treats these conditions and takes care of both the aspects. With my experience and training in both aspects, I have been fascinated by the relation between the extraocular muscles and the lids and orbits. The talk will be useful to all I am sure. I am looking forward to the feedback from all the delegates....

No comments:

Post a Comment