Monday, April 7, 2014

RESURGERY IN SQUINT


Most people wonder if operating again in a patient with squint is going to be successful. It is interesting to note that this is possible and one must realize that there are various ways by which one can increase the success rate of surgery.

Adjustable suture technique is a very useful method of ensuring that the results of squint surgery are good. The muscle is out on a shoe lace kind of knot and the same can be adjusted with the patient awake in the evening. This ensures excellent outcome and this can be shown to the patient also with the use of a mirror. 

Muscle surgery is quite forgiving and one can definitely operate again on muscles to ensure good outcome. Operating on the second eye can also give good results in patients.

Repeat surgery or a second or third surgery is definitely possible in squint and can give excellent results with the proper techniques....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Doctor ,

    Name :Gautam Joshi
    Age :29 yrs
    Gender: Male
    Problem: I was born with strabismus on both my eyes
    RE:DVD
    LE: Exo , LDS
    Other diagnosis: No binocular vision, no depth perception, I fix from right eye(Dominant eye) when i close left eye LE goes left and when i close RE my RE goes up right
    Surgeries: Got my 1st surgery done at the age of 28 , RE- Interior oblique anteriorization(due to overaction of IO muScle) along with Lateral rectus recession

    2nd Surgery: At the age of 29(few days back) , RE-Superior rectus recession (8MM) and LEFT EYE- Lateral rectus recession(8MM)

    POST OPERATIVE Effects : My left eye is straight and my RE vertical movement has come down but still RE goes up right by small magnitute may be 2mm when I cover my RE.
    Other problems: I am facing problem in working on computers , difficulty in reading small letter as my vision is getting confused i.e whether to see from LE or RE, fusing from both eye is challenge .
    My queries:
    I just wanna can i go for a resurgery to correct residual dvd , who is the best person who can perform it in bangalore, dlehi or mumbai ,pls help
    Regards
    Gautam J
    Bangalore
    7760901890

    ReplyDelete