Monday, November 26, 2012

Technology - putting it to good use

I wonder how best I can use technology to make my work better and improve the care to my patients. While there is a lot out there in the internet world, many a times this information is misleading and creates more tensions for the patient who reads it.

I have a paperless office, I also send patients pictures and reports by email. There is a lot of information available online also about the work I do. I really want the masses to know more about the potential and newer innovations in ophthalmic surgery especially in the field of ophthalmic plastic surgery that have come up.

Patients can communicate with me via my website and we can answer all their queries immediately. Maybe cloud computing will be the next step and offering access to patients to their records online or to their doctors.

For the moment I think I need a phone upgrade...

No comments:

Post a Comment