Friday, May 24, 2013

Life like artificial eyes


  


Losing an eye is a disaster and the person loses all self confidence and belief in one self.

I have known a child who stopped talking when her eye was lost following a glass bulb burst. Once I made an artificial eye and fitted it on her, she started to talk and became her cheerful self. There was one more child who refused to go out and meet anyone as he had lost an eye. It is important in these children to give  them an artificial eye to make them look good and help them regain their self confidence.

Modern techniques of making artificial eyes are so good that it becomes difficult to differentiate the normal eye from the artificial eye. I have many times gone very close to the face of the person to identify which is the artificial eye. Custom made artificial eyes in which no surgery is needed are the best method of rehabilitating a person who has lost an eye. 

Making on an average about 10 eyes in a month, I have gained immense satisfaction from seeing the smile on my patient's faces and knowing they are satisfied with my work...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment