Saturday, September 29, 2012

OCULOPLASTY AND SQUINT

The latest thought in my mind is what can I do to make oculoplasty and squint surgery better.. how can i ensure that there is minimal convalescence period for these  surgeries. I want the patient to have a quick recovery, get rid of the swelling within 3-4 days and there should be no redness or ecchymosis post surgery. 

I have noticed that the squint and oculoplasty surgery usually takes longer to heal than the routine surgeries like cataract. I wonder if giving medication before the day of surgery will make things better. I guess I need to try this to see if we can make recovery faster and better. 

Again we have patients who need artificial eyes post surgery , it will be great if we can make the eyes as early as a week as many come from great distances even abroad..

No comments:

Post a Comment