Saturday, September 8, 2012

THE ART OF GIVING...

I guess the greatest gift that we can do when we want to master the art of living is the art of giving. When we were born we came with nothing and we leave this life we take back nothing. So, why don't we start giving in this life. I have encouraged many extremely well to do patients to give. For instance there was this patient with orbital cellulitis who was in such a serious state that she was on the verge of losing her sight. With timely treatment and good luck I could get back all her vision. What would have been her state if she had gone blind ? I impressed on her the need to help someone maybe a child as a show of gratitude for God who had been blessed her and restored her eyesight back to her. And she was more than happy to help the child. I guess circumstances tell us how fragile this life is and why we need to be considerate, caring and giving. Guess the art of living is the art of giving.....

No comments:

Post a Comment